Terms of Service
1. Welcome to RELUV
RELUV operates a charity-to-consumer marketplace which allows you to buy items using the Reluv website. You can search for items, log-in to your profile and view each charity shop’s page (each charity shop account has a unique and public URL) via the website.
The Service is operated by Reluv, incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 12765952 and with registered office at Launchpad Building, Penryn Campus, Penryn, United Kingdom, TR10 9FE. (“we”, “our, or “us”).
2. Your relationship with us
This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the “Terms of Service”) set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand the Terms of Service before using the Service. If there is anything within them that you do not understand, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what this means for you.
By setting up an account with us and/or using and accessing the Service, you agree to and accept these Terms of Service in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you may not use the Service.
3. Information about you and your privacy
4. Setting up an account
1. To access make a purchase, you must register with us and set up an account with a username and password (your “Account”). You will be asked to make an account when you make a purchase, or you can create an account by clicking the user icon. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) with your Account.
3. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and any activities that occur under your Account. If you have any concerns that your Account may have been misused, you should contact us at email@example.com straight away to let us know.
5. Reluv marketplace and payments
1. Our Service allows you to buy items from charity shops online.
2. You can purchase items through our Service that have been uploaded by the charity shop (“Sale Item”). When a user of the Service purchases such Sale Item, this is a “Sale Transaction”.
3. Sale Transactions may only take place via Reluv’s third party payment provider – PayPal.
4. You will need a PayPal account to make a payment for a sale transaction. If you are under 18 and do not have your own PayPal account, and plan to use a parent’s or third party’s PayPal account, you undertake that you have express permission to use such parent’s or third party’s PayPal account in relation to each and every transaction undertaken on our Service.
5. To safeguard the interests of our users, you are not permitted to purchase a Sale Item by making direct arrangements with the charity shop to use a payment method other than the payment methods offered via the Service. Please note that purchasing a Sale Item in any other way is a breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use and can result in, among other things, suspension or termination of your access to the Service (See section 8).
6. We want our Service to be a positive experience for our users and we ask that you honour the commitments you make to a charity in respect of the purchase of a Sale Item.
7. Any agreement for a purchase of a Sale Item is made solely between you and the charity shop. Charity shops have, at all times, total discretion to set prices. Complaints, questions and claims related to a Sale Item should be directed to the charity. Where a user and the charity shop cannot resolve issues relating to a Sale Transaction between themselves, we will attempt to help mediate such disputes. You can find out more about our dispute resolution procedure at section 15 of these Terms of Service.
8. As we are not the seller of any Sale Items, we have no control and do not give any commitment relating to the existence, quality, safety or genuineness of Sale Items, the truth or accuracy of any picture or description of the Sale Items or any other content made available by the charity shop. We do not give any commitment relating to the ability of buyers to pay for the sale item, or that a buyer or charity shop will actually complete a transaction or return the Sale Item, and we have no liability in this respect. Charity shops are responsible for ensuring that any age-restricted Sale Items are marked clearly with the applicable age restriction (as required by law) and Buyers agree that they shall not attempt to purchase Sale Items if they are younger than the advertised and legal age restriction.
How does delivery work?
Once you’ve purchased your item:
- The charity shop will package your item
- Your item will be shipped using a third-party courier service of the charity’s choice
- You will receive a confirmation email to say your item is on its way.
- Your item is delivered
Don’t forget, you can message the charity shop for updates and tracking information throughout the purchase.
Can I get a refund?
Each charity is responsible for their own refund policy and you should check their shop policies before making a purchase. Their policy will be on their store page.
If a charity shop does offer a refund policy, you should make direct contact with them and they will refund you through PayPal.
At Reluv we don’t have the authority to issue refunds directly from a charity shop’s personal PayPal account – only PayPal can do this.
I haven’t received my item:
All purchases made through Reluv with PayPal are protected and you can open a dispute if you don’t receive your item. Follow the steps here. You can open a dispute on PayPal from 7 days up to 180 days from the transaction date.
- Contact the charity shop directly for an update
- Ask the charity shop if the item has been shipped and proof of shipping
- Check the tracking details to see the status of your order
Payments that are made outside of Reluv do not offer any protection and are against our rules. Please report the issue so we can take action against the charity shop and help keep Reluv a safe place to buy.
All transactions are through PayPal and will need to be refunded via the PayPal dispute process.
How do I buy an item?
- Add the item to your basket
- Go to your basket and checkout.
- Login or create an account
- Enter your PayPal and delivery details
- You will receive a confirmation email
You can add items to your basket from different charities, however you will have to make a separate purchase for each charity.
6. Your right to use the Service
The intellectual property rights in all materials and content comprising the Service, including but not limited to images, written content and designs on each page of the Reluv website, either belong to us or we have permission from the owner to use them to provide the Service. All such intellectual property is protected by worldwide intellectual property laws, including copyright and design laws.
Your right to use the Service is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to another person or to sell, gift or transfer your Account to another person. Your right to use the Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the Service.
Other than as allowed in these Terms of Service or by us in writing, you are not given the right to use the Reluv name, or any of the Reluv trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features, all of which are intellectual property rights that belong to Reluv.
These Terms of Service do not grant you any rights to, or in, any such intellectual property rights or any other rights or licences in respect of Reluv’s materials and content, the Service, Reluv name and/or trademarks, other than as set out in these Terms of Service.
7. User generated content
Have we reached out to you on social media to feature your content on our social media channels? Have we published a blog post written by you?
By giving you the opportunity to feature your content on our social media channels and blog page, you agree:
- we can use your handle and the content (the “Content”) on reluv.co.uk and/or on any of Reluv’s social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
- we can edit, crop, adapt, enhance or modify the Content (but Reluv will not treat you in a derogatory manner).
You promise that you:
- have the permission of everyone in the Content;
- have the right to grant Reluv the above rights; and
- are at least 16.
If you (or anyone in the Content) asks us to remove the Content, we will remove the Content from the social media accounts that we control.
You understand that other users of these social media platforms can also share and make use of the Content once posted. In particular, a user of these platforms can take a screenshot of and save an image of the Content to their device, share the Content on social media platforms or websites which feature the Content (and sharing capabilities). If you do not want to grant the permissions set out above then please do not give us consent to use the Content.
8. Rules of Acceptable Use
In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Service (the “Rules of Acceptable Use”).
You must make sure the email address you provide in your Account details remains active and is checked by you on a regular basis.
When using the Service you must not:
1. Create more than one Account on the Service unless we agree otherwise.
2. Give any false or misleading information in your Account details.
3. Permit another person to use the Service under your name or on your behalf.
4. Use the Service if we have suspended or banned you from using it.
5. Send junk, spam or repetitive messages.
6. Engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct including intentionally purchasing any fake or counterfeit items or any item that otherwise breaches another person’s rights, and must comply with applicable legal requirements relating to the purchase of Sale Items
7. Modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Service.
8. Misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Service or any user of the Service’s own equipment.
9. Collect any data from the Service other than in accordance with these Terms of Service.
10. Unfairly or unlawfully interfere or manipulate any ratings system or user feedback system.
11. Submit or contribute any User Content without the permission of the content owner, or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties
12. Purchase a Sale Item by making direct arrangements with the charity shop to use a payment method other than PayPal available through the Service.
13. Take any action which is deliberately designed to circumvent, reduce or manipulate the Commission due to us.
14. Mine data, screen scrape or crawl any part of the Service.
15. Disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Service.
16. Adapt, copy, vary, edit, distribute or commercialise any content in the Service without the prior written consent of Reluv.
17. Circumvent any technical measures implemented to protect or provide the Service.
18. Use any third party’s PayPal account unless you have express permission from them to do so.
Failure to comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice, and entirely at our discretion):
1. immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service;
2. issuing of a warning to you;
3. legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
4. disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
5. We may investigate any suspected breach of the Rules of Acceptable Use. During such investigation we may temporarily withdraw your right to use our Service or remove User Content without notice to you.
6. The responses described in section 8.5 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. Advertisements on the Service
10. Ending our relationship
1. If at any time you decide you can no longer agree to these Terms of Service or any changes made to the Terms of Service or the Service, you must immediately stop using the Service.
2. If you wish to end your use of the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address linked to your account and ask us to deactivate your Account. Where such request comes from someone who is not the account holder, we may ask you to provide proof of who you are and your relationship to the User in question, and any other documents we may reasonably require.
3. We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service.
4. We may also withdraw the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time and without any liability to you.
5. If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this clause, we may delete or modify your User Content, Account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses. You should note that even if your Account is deactivated, some of your data may persist and appear within the Service, for example where your User Content has been re-shared by others.
11. Our liability/responsibility to you
1. You alone decide whether to proceed with a purchase of a Sale Item. As such, we make no commitments regarding the Sale Items including the quality or delivery of the Sale Items, or for honouring (or causing any charity shop to honour) any erroneous information regarding the price, description and availability of, or any information relating to any Sale Items promoted or available through our Service.
2. Although it is our intention that the Service is available as much as possible, there may be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunication links and/or equipment. The Service and any content contained therein (including User Content) is provided on an “as available” and “as is” basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by, or be expressed by, applicable law. You accept that the internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of User Content or other information may not be secure.
3. Reluv is not responsible or liable for any loss or harm caused by viruses, worms or other programmes designed to impair the Service.
4. You may be able to access third party links/websites/products via the Service. Reluv is not responsible or liable for any third-party links/websites/products which may be accessed by you at your sole option. Your access to and use of such third-party links/websites/products and services shall be solely at your own risk and subject to your acceptance and compliance with the separate terms and conditions of such third party.
5. For any other claims arising out of the provision of the Service (including without limitation any dispute between users and the charity shop where this does not fall within paragraph 5 above, in relation to any content you access via the Service, or any other user you interact with), we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever (whether arising in contract, tort otherwise), except where we cannot disclaim, exclude or limit responsibility by law (such as death and/or personal injury caused by our negligence).
7. We will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable and we will never be responsible for indirect losses and/or financial and business loss, or loss of goodwill or reputation.
12. Your responsibility to us
If Reluv is sued due to an action or inaction by you (including a breach of these Terms of Service) then we have the right, at our discretion, to request that you indemnify us (i.e. cover all our costs including legal fees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand for expenses or costs that arises as a result. Where we decide to conduct the defence of such claim, you agree to assist us as reasonably requested.
13. Resolving disputes
Disputes with us
If you have a dispute with us relating to the Service, in the first instance please contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
Disputes with charity shops relating to a Sale Transaction
PayPal must be used for all purchases through Reluv. You may be eligible for Buyer protection. All purchases/sales made outside of Reluv are against our Terms of Service and are not covered by Buyer Protection.
Transactions via PayPal – Buyer Protection:
1. In order to be eligible for PayPal Buyer or Seller Protection, you must: a) purchase the Sale Item on reluv.co.uk using PayPal, and b) report the transaction issue to PayPal within 180 days from the date of purchase/sale. Buyer Protection applies only if these conditions are met. Non-material goods prohibited items and meet-in-person transactions are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.
2. If PayPal verify that the Sales Item was not received or was significantly not as described, you may be entitled to a refund under Buyer Protection. If the Sales Item is significantly not as described, PayPal will ask you to return it to the charity shop before refunding you. If the Sales Item is found to be counterfeit, PayPal will ask you to destroy it.
3. PayPal’s investigation of disputes is subject to the PayPal Terms of Service to which you will have agreed when setting up your PayPal account, so you should check these.
1. The charity shop is responsible for the shipment of the Sales Item to the buyer.
2. The charity shop is only able to deliver sale items purchased by customers that live within the United Kingdom.
15. Changes to the Service
www.reluv.co.uk is a prototype, so we are constantly updating and improving the Service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies, tastes, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and our Service.
16. Changes to these Terms of Service
1. We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time and any changes will take effect after 3 days of any notification email sent to you notifying you of any changes, or at the time the revised Terms of Service are posted (whichever is the earlier) and your continued use of the Service shall constitute acceptance of such revised Terms of Service.
2. Changes will usually occur because of new features being added to the Service, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something.
3. We will try, where possible and reasonable, to contact you to let you know about any significant changes to any of the documents referred to in these Terms of Service. We may contact you through the Service (for example by asking you to accept the changes before you continue to use the Service) or via a separate email.
4. Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens, we will not give you any notice.
17. Documents that apply to our relationship with you
1. We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the Service. If part of the Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
2. If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
18. Law and general provisions
1. As we are based in England, English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the Service.
2. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service.
3. Reluv will not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations caused by any force majeure event. In those circumstances Reluv will be granted a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations, the reasonableness of that extension to be assessed in the context of these Terms of Service and Reluv’s other commitments.
19. Contact, feedback and complaints
1. If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at enquiries with the subject line ‘Terms of Service’.
2. We value hearing from our users and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.